New members joining after Oct. 1 will not need to renew memberships until December of the following year. The Treasure Coast Parrot Head Club is a federal tax-exempt 501(c)7 social organization. Your membership dues are not tax deductible.
You may now join the PHlock or renew your current membership online - membership renewals are due each December!
We are happy to accept PayPal payments - from new and current members - just click on the "PayPal Buy Now" link to the right.
New members using PayPal - don't forget to download, complete, and then send the membership application to us using the links above.
We encourage all of our members to find their "Caribbean Soul". You are encouraged to wear the craziest Parrot Head attire that you can come up with to all events, unless otherwise noted. Cheeseburger hats, shark fins, parrots, grass skirts and coconut bras are ALWAYS welcome (guys are equally encouraged to wear their coconuts!!!)
TCPHC Members Communicate via the TCPHC Yahoo Group All Members must join this group to have access to all club information. Business Meeting (PPS) minutes are posted here! Please EMAIL US HERE for an invitation to join!
What's a Business Meeting ?? ....Can I go to it ?? (We call our meetings PHlock Planning Sessions)
All members are invited, and encouraged, to attend because this is where the Phun stuff is planned and everyone has an opportunity to ask questions or present new ideas. This is YOUR club.
The Business Meetings are held at 6pm on the 2nd Monday of each month in the meeting room on the southside of Applebee's Restaurant at 10501 South US Highway 1 in Port St. Lucie. Just north of PSL Boulevard near Bealls. All members are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
10 Stages of a Parrot Head
1.Jimmy Who... Who the hell is Buffett, oh that guy who did (choose one) a. Margaritaville b. Cheeseburger in Paradise c. Why don't We Get Drunk and Screw. (Spells Buffett with one "t")
2. Oh it's with two "t's" Buys "Songs You Know by Heart" because he heard "that one song" at a party. Starts hearing all about the wild concerts and openly declares to the world that he/she is a parrot head. Goes out and buys that Hawaiian shirt they wanted all their life, or at least since last week.
3.Look at me, I'm a parrothead! Goes to a Jimmy Buffett concert and is amazed by all things parrothead. Loved the show but can't remember any of it through the alcoholic haze.
4. One Particular Parrot Decides they should buy a few more albums so that the old timers will stop laughing at them when Jimmy plays "One Particular Harbour" and he/she says "that's a great song, I've never heard it."
5. Domino College Buys the box set so they don't have to buy all the old albums. Still gets laughed at or ignored because they've never heard "Migration", and "Cowboy", The good news is she/he knows "Fins" well enough to move his/her hands the right way at the concert.
6. Buffett is God Starts collecting the albums, buys a couple more Hawaiian shirts, maybe even a coconut bra. Has two concert tees, and a subscription to the Coconut Telegraph. Suddenly has a burning need to find out all that is Buffett. Considers Buffett to be GOD, 'though they've never heard the song "God's Own Drunk". Actually believes Buffett is a beach bum. NOTE: Some people never get passed this stage...
7. Say it Ain't so Jimmy Is reading everything there is on Buffett and is getting a little disillusioned. They are closing their ears and screaming "say it ain't so" when people criticize their "hero". No one stays at this stage for very long They either punt and return to Stage 6 or move to Stage 8.
8. Screw Buffett... Accuse Buffett of being a heretic, Accuse him of selling out ... and all the concerts sound the same...Screw Buffett; This is also a dead end stage for many fans. Cancel subscription to CT, complains about concerts and new records and every other money grubbing venture Mr. Margaritaville is wrapped up in. Hates it when his/her non parrothead friends label him/her a parrot head.
9. My name is ...... and I listen to Buffett music. Comes to the realization that Buffett is human, and deals with it, with the help of other Buffett fans or some internal strength. Understands the myth, and to some degree, the man who created it and finds compromise somewhere between stage 6 and stage 8. Can't buy anymore albums because they have them all, already. Enjoys the music for what it represents, which is why they bought it in the first place and ignore all the other bullshit as best as possible, without forsaking their own moral standards.
10. If you reach stage nine and still continuously listen to Buffett and enjoy the concerts and the lifestyle..... You, my friend, ARE A PARROTHEAD!!